Friday, November 5, 2010

    Up, Up and Away!

    When Harlan started walking, I was ecstatic, as any mother would be.  I was lucky enough to get the video and you can hear the shock, amazement, and excitement in my voice when I see her take her first steps into toddler-hood.  She caught on pretty fast and before we knew it she stopped the crawling all together and wanted to walk everywhere.  She hated being held or being in her stroller.  She had learned this new task and she wanted to conquer it.  She was Miss Independent.

    She continues to form a great personality and is as independent as can be.  But along with this independence, came something that I would have never thought.  Climbing.  Call be naive, but I really only thought that boys were the ones that climbed on things.  I didn't think that my little girls that I put in pink and bow and dresses, would want to climb on top of everything! 

    She has tried to manipulate almost every piece of furniture in our apartment so that she can climb on top of things.  I knew that we had to baby proof things when she became a toddler, but how can you baby proof your furniture from a climber? 

    I let her walk out of our elevator to go into our apartment and instead of heading for the door, she heads straight for the stairs.  She even tried to climb out of the crib the other day! Thank goodness for all of the classes that we take, because otherwise I might be in a little bit more trouble than I already am.  She gets to climb on as many baby friendly things that the can in class.  I even try to take to her as many open plays as I can so that she can get this out of her system.

    Don't get me wrong.  I love that she enjoys this stuff, it's just caught be a little off guard.  I am now in the market for some great climbing toys and play tents and tunnels for Christmas.  If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

    For now I am off to get my little Tarzan from climbing into her baby's stroller.














    0 comments:

    Post a Comment