Sunday, November 21, 2010

    We've Come Full Circle

    Prior to moving to Tampa, my family lived in Lawrenceville, Georiga, a suburb of Atlanta.  We lived in a great neighborhood with great people.  The family friends we made over the years living there are still our friends today.  And with the incredible technology of Facebook it is even easier to keep in touch with them and stay current on their lives. 

    My sister and I were lucky enough to have two girls as our next door neighbors.  Elizabeth and Lily were both close to our age and we would do everything together.  From making crazy and embarrassing music videos at Six Flags to our summers together at Callaway Gardens, they were great girls and we knew we were blessed with wonderful next door neighbors.

    Our world shattered when my dad told my sister and I that we were moving to Tampa because of a job transfer.  At ten years old the only think you think of are the friends you are going to leave behind.  We were leaving behind some of the best friends a girl could have.

    Throughout the years we made sure to keep in touch with Elizabeth and Lily.  We visited each other over the summer and Lily even went to FSU with us and was our roommate my sophomore year.

    Now 16 years after moving from Atlanta and living in this huge city with millions of people, I once again have the greatest next door neighbor.  Elizabeth moved up here three months ago and lives in the building next door.

    It was during my trip to Target last night and showing Liz and my sister, Danielle, "Go Go My Walkin Pup," a toy that only they would appreciate, that I realized how great it is to have such amazing friendships with people that you know will last a lifetime.  And it's even better to have those friends live next door to you.

    Now if we could only get Lily to move up here. :)

    Maybe one day...........

    Elizabeth, Me, Danielle, Lily

    2 comments:

    1. Hmmm ... perhaps one day. ;) Danni is very convincing in her lobbying to find me a NYC man.
      I am eternally grateful to have such smart, funny, beautiful and caring friends/family like you all. What a great shout out.
      Keep up the good work with your blog!

      ReplyDelete
    2. How fabulous!! How amazing to have such a great friend living next door! Happy thanksgiving, mama!

      ReplyDelete