Wednesday, October 6, 2010

    Tis the season

    Harlan has had a cold now for two days which means I am confined to this 900 square foot apartment. This is her second cold in the past two weeks.  I guess it is cold and flu season and I guess I'm just extra special that my child happens to have a crappy immune sysytem (she's had bad luck with colds, sinus infections, and ear infections, since she was three months old.) If this is just the beginning of the season, then I can't wait to see what is in store for the rest of it! (note sarcasm) Being in this apartment for so long is making me go a little stir crazy.  The only good thing about knowing I wont be going out is that I dont have to do my hair or put on makeup (two things which I really don't enjoy doing.) Wednesdays are our gym class, but today but we had to cancel.  I actually look forward to getting out and taking her to these places because it gives me a chance to be social with other moms and see how happy Harlan gets when she gets to climb up the ramps or jump in the ball pit.  I thought about just letting her go because she is acting fine, just has some snot  coming out of her nose and is coughing.  But in the back of my mind I keep hearing their lecture last week about their strict policy on not having sick kids come to class.  I know, I know, it wouldn't be right for the other kids, but I REALLY wanted to see something besides these walls of this apartment.


    So instead of going to our class today, Harlan decided to get in on some yoga action.  She was cracking up as she did these poses and I thought it was very funny (stir crazy, remember.)  I kept telling her to do it again and again and she just laughed at me and did the pose again.  I am seeing some mommy and me yoga classes in our near future (For all of you from Tampa reading this, yes, there are mommy and me yoga classes in this city and they are in fact quite popular)


    P.S. For those of you who already read this, yes, I did change the title of this post.  Is that a no no in the blog world? 

    1 comment:

    1. These photos of baby Harlan doing yoga are hilarious! I love it!

      ReplyDelete