Friday, October 8, 2010

    Pass me a tissue, please.

    Last night I went to a sneak peak of the new Katherine Heigel movie, "Life as we know it"  In short it's about a non-dating or married couple that are left with an orphaned baby after her parents were killed in a car accident.  After seeing the previews for the movie it looked funny and witty.  I had no idea that I needed to bring tissues to it!  It made me think of my time as a mom and how sensitive I've become since. 

    Before I had Harlan I always had a tough exterior.  Wouldn't let anything get to me.  I could watch any movie or show involving kids and it wouldn't affect me in the least.  Now, I need to bring a box of tissues to anything that involves kids.  Not all are tears of sadness, most are tears of happiness and being grateful.  I watch Harlan interacting or dancing in one of her play classes and I find myself tearing up.  What is it about becoming a mom that makes us so sensitive to everything? 

    I came home from my movie last night and Harlan had woken up crying.  Ususally I would have reacted as any mom would of a baby that has waken up late at night, with a sign an a moan.  But last night I happily went into her room and rocked her and cried.  She layed her head on my chest and held me tightly and I softly told her how much I loved her and would do anything for her.  It was such a special moment and one that I will always cherish.  

    Before becoming a mom, no one will ever be able to describe to you how much love you will have for your child.   It is like no other love than I have ever experienced in my life.  It is passionate, self sacrificing love. I   just hope that as Harlan grows up she can continue to feel the love that I have for her.






    P.S. Harlan got her a brand new pair of UGGS from Mimi today and hasn't wanted to take them off since.  She put them on first thing this morning when she woke up. Here are a few pics of her strutting her stuff!


    0 comments:

    Post a Comment