Monday, October 11, 2010

    Family

    This weekend was one of the only weekends since we have lived here that we have had nothing to do and could just spend time together as a family.  I forgot how nice it is just to be able to be together and not have to worry about having to be anywhere or do anything.   We are very fortunate to live in a city that has tons of things to do on the weekend for families and kids.  I am always finding things to do for Harlan.  I don't know if she would have half the social life in Tampa as she does here.  She has classes and play dates all the time. 

    On Saturday we had a picnic in Central Park.  The weather here is just starting to get cool and it is absolutely beautiful.  We brought lunch, bubbles  and a ball to the park to play with.  Harlan and MacKay always have a blast together.  They played soccer with the ball and played chase.  She must have had a great time because she quickly fell asleep on the walk home and slept for a while after that.  Here are a few pictures of MacKay and Harlan playing together. 




    I woke up yesterday morning with a gift from Harlan.   She gave me the cold she had last week.  I guess it was only just a matter of time.  I don't remember the last time that I felt this bad.  Harlan sure didn't elude to feeling this sick last week.  Although, she has never been a fussy baby when she is sick.  Even with her numerous ear infections, she was never hard to handle.  We are very lucky to have such an easy little girl. 

    MacKay was superdad yesterday.  He took care of Harlan while I laid in bed and took her to the playground and even did laundry.  I really don't know what I would have done without him.   Harlan came back from the playground in the best mood and it looked like she had another great time with her daddy.  MacKay said all she wanted to do at the park was walk around.  She has become very independent lately and never wants you to hold her.  She wants to walk and climb EVERYWHERE and on EVERYTHING.  I caught her this morning trying to climb up the TV entertainment center.  She's becoming my own little monkey. 

    Alright, guess I better go, she is now trying to climb on top of her kitchen.  Oh the life of a toddler!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment